Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wyld Sexy Stallions!


So I said Shallow Gravy from the Venture Brothers was one of my fictional bands, right? Well my other favorite is WYLD STALLYNS!

Because Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is one of my favorite films of all time. Top 5 easily. Not because it's particularly thought provoking or artistic, but because it's just SUCH a feel good film and oddly inspirational to me - if these two morons can pass their history report, I can become a successful cartoonist. I also just love how genuine and sweet Bill and Ted's characters are - it's impossible not to love them (and the fact that they're played by hunky Keanu Reeves and equally hunky Alex Winter doesn't help...woof!)

So I did this bizarre caricatures of them, to show my love.

I did not draw the pattern though - that was a find on this lovely tumblr right here. Just a retro late 80's, early 90's pattern to dress up my inks more than a plain ol' white background could ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment